Saturday 8 January 2011

Development: Client Feedback

I contacted the Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre by sending an email to Isabelle the head of Media and Marketing at the museum. 

This is what I sent to her:
Hello 
My name is Joshua Gray, I go to Chalfonts Community College and I am studying Creative and Media Diploma. Right now we are in the middle of an exam that involves us finding a local arts organisation and create an advert that publicises the organisation that we chose. I have chosen Roald Dahl as my client to publicise.
In order to get the highest grade that I can get, I need to send a proposal of my idea and get feedback on it. So if you could read my proposal as if it is a professional and as if you have asked for an advert that publicises The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre and get back to me would be very much appreciated.
With much thanks.
Joshua Gray

I also included my final proposal and two examples of my work to give her an idea of what I am trying to create.


This is what I reseved back on the 10 Jan 2010 at 22:04: 
Hi Joshua,

I have now had a chance to consider your proposal and visuals with my assistant Kim Osborne, who is a graphic designer.

We very much like the multi-media and interactive elements of the proposal.  We thought the poster designs were striking and visually engaging.  Your ideas are very imaginative and very ambitious. From the client's point of view there might be anxiety over the size of budget required for this project because of the necessity of custom-made elements, maintenance of sound equipment at the poster sites and staff-time re. follow-up on the submitted stories.

I would also say that although we thought the poster designs were really strong , we felt that they didn't project the Museum branding strongly enough.

Overall though we felt it was an original, imaginative and visually strong proposal. 

Best wishes,

Isabelle

Isabelle Reynolds


No comments:

Post a Comment